Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How One Lucky Penny Turned into Three Lucky Pennies

Earlier today I went for a walk on Commercial Drive to pick up some fresh organic fruits and vegetables, the mainstay of my raw vegan diet. On my walk, I overstepped a lucky penny by one step. I took one step back and swooped up the penny. There was a guy not too far from me. He was surprised -- he told me that this was the first time that he had ever seen someone pick up a penny in at least 5 years. I said something like "Well... it's not just any normal penny after all... it's a LUCKY PENNY!" and gave him one of my trademark big beaming smiles :) We exchanged a few more sentences, then he said something like: "Well, why don't you just take my pennies since no one wants them - I usually just toss them." He grabbed the change from his pocked. There were 2 pennies amongst the larger denomination coins. I asked if he was sure that he wanted to give me the pennies and he said yes. So that's how I turned one lucky penny into three lucky pennies :)

Over the course of the rest of my walk, I also found 3 additional lucky pennies. It was a 6 lucky penny day it seems :)

Today's Total Found Change: $0.06
Total Recorded 2010: $4.67 + €0.06 + £0.01
Grand Total Since Recording January 19, 2009: $29.11 + $0.06 + £0.31 + €0.06 = $29.17 + £0.31 + €0.06.

QUESTION: How much found change did you find today? Please tell us about your finds in the comments section of this post.

P.S. -- I've recently added some new posts covering music related topics over at the Knobb music blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment